Saturday, October 10, 2015

New Prizes! New Judges!

Howdy Styro-Creature Makers!

There's still a couple of weeks of creating left and I hope that you're all feverishly carving, gluing, painting, augmenting your store bought Styrofoam Heads!  Remember the deadline is October 25th 6 pm P.S.T. - By then you should have sent your entry to:

info@phantomharbor.com

Send photos at 100 to 150 dpi and about 10" x 7" - that way I don't need to convert them to share them on social media - THANKS!

Speaking of thanks, I recently recorded another podcast with Len Peralta and Frank Ippolito for their show CREATURE GEEKS which is a part of the Mythbusters site: www.tested.com .  Check out their shows here: http://www.tested.com/podcast/creature-geek/.

While I was there, they offered me some additional prizes for the contest courtesy of Mezco Toys.  Here's what has been added: 
Who wouldn't want a Ron Perlman big-head figure from SONS OF ANARCHY?

It's JigSaw from the SAW movie franchise!
Yes!  It's a Saul Goodman figure from BREAKING BAD!
I have four of these to give away!!!!
My personal favorite!  The Axe Cop action figure with gun totin' T-Rex!

Now, I haven't quite figured out where these will fall in terms of 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention prizes!  I need a day or two to decide, but they WILL BE AWARDED!

AND, I've enlisted the help of two friend/artists known for their creature building prowess!  First off is the legendary CHRIS WALAS, who was not only responsible for the GREMLINS and the exploding/melting heads in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, but he also turned Jeff Goldblum into THE FLY and helped bring to screen the best motion picture dragon of all time in DRAGONSLAYER!




Also, I've recruited TED HAINES, monster-fabricator extraordinaire for LEGACY EFX!  Ted has worked on films such as FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, SCOOBY DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED, and BLADE II just to name a few!



So, keep building and sending in photos!  I'll be posting new pictures I've been receiving soon! Thanks for all of the support and interest in working with your hands this Halloween season!  And thanks to Christopher Cooksey for his podcast interview for www.leglesscorpse.com 's "The Practical People".  Drop by and give a listen while you're building!

Until next time, 

Shannon Shea







No comments:

Post a Comment